Idaho Bar Exam (UBE) details
A typical Idaho Bar Exam is a 2-day Uniform Bar Exam (UBE)
Idaho Bar Exam information is subject to change without notice. Please verify with the Idaho State Bar.
You may also reference the NCBE July 2020 bar exam jurisdiction information page.
- Six 30-minute Multistate Essay Exam questions (MEE in the AM)
- Two 90-minute Multistate Performance Test questions (MPT in the PM)
- Multistate Bar Exam (MBE), a 200-question, multiple-choice exam (100 questions in the AM, 100 questions in the PM)
- Constitutional Law
- Criminal Law/Procedure
- Federal Civil Procedure
- Real Property
- Business Associations (Agency and Partnership; Corporations; and Limited Liability Companies)
- Conflict of Laws
- Family Law
- Trusts and Estates (Decedents' Estates; Trusts and Future Interests)
- Article 9 (Secured Transactions) of the Uniform Commercial Code
- Plus all MBE subjects
- “Closed universe” practical questions using instructions, factual data, cases, statutes and other reference material supplied by examiners.
- A scaled score of 85 or higher on the MPRE is required for admission. The passing score must be achieved either prior to the bar exam, or within two administrations of the MPRE after successfully completing the bar exam.
The MEE and MPT scores are scaled to the MBE.
- MBE weighted 50%
- MEE weighted 30%
- MPT weighted 20%
The scores are combined to determine if the applicant has achieved a passing score of 272.
Acceptance of MBE Score
Applicant may transfer previous MBE scaled score from another recognized jurisdiction if taken within 37 months of the date of exam (Board recommends transferred score be at least a scaled score of 136).
Admission on Motion
Attorneys licensed in states that allow Idaho applicants admission through reciprocity may be eligible for reciprocity in Idaho. Examination is required of all other applicants. Attorneys who have actively practiced three of the five years preceding application are not required to take the MBE.
UBE Score Transfer
An applicant for admission to the Idaho State Bar may transfer a scaled UBE score of 272 or above from another UBE jurisdiction if the UBE was taken within the last 37 months.
We compile all of the information that you need to know about the dates, format, subjects tested, deadlines, fees and more - for each U.S. state - in the free BARBRI Bar Exam Digest.
Find the BARBRI bar prep course that’s built for you
Traditional Bar Review
Full-time course | 8-10 week
Candidates with a J.D. from a U.S. law school looking for the quickest, most efficient & effective course to pass any U.S. state bar exam
Extended Bar Prep
Part-time course | 6- or 10-month
Best for candidates without a J.D. from a U.S. law school looking for the most comprehensive bar prep or students who want more study time & flexibility