It’s been another jam-packed month for team BARBRI, with a series of new partnerships, scholarships, events, and support introduced for those hoping to pursue the SQE. To keep you up to date, we wanted to share a quick snapshot of what we’ve been up to.
Collaborations & partnerships
To help broaden access to the profession, we’re working with a range of carefully selected partners. This month, we’ve:
- Been appointed as the exclusive SQE preparation provider for LexisNexis. As the first information services business to support aspiring lawyers working within the organisation through the SQE, LexisNexis candidates will undertake part-time study for both SQE1 and SQE2. The organisation is also offering QWE opportunities with its in-house legal team and through unique secondment placements with top law firm Pinsent Masons.
- Announced our collaboration with Accutrainee, the pioneers of QWE. Having already developed its proprietary AI platform, “Pathways” to create a personalised route to qualification while tracking the SQE’s QWE requirements, candidates will now be able to benefit from BARBRI SQE Prep at a discounted rate to successfully prepare for the SQE.
Funding & scholarships
We’ve also been working to create a series of scholarships and funding opportunities to make the SQE – and the accompanying preparation – more accessible to those from all walks of life. This has included:
- A recommitment to BARBRI Bridges, our funding initiative which was launched in 2021 underpinned by four key funding pillars – Digital Innovation and Transformation; General Public Interest; Equality Diversity and Inclusion: and Social, Economic and Environmental. BARBRI Bridges has helped three aspiring solicitors to pass the SQE1 and SQE2 exams to date, while 31 individuals have sat either the SQE1 or SQE2, with the scheme supporting over 190 individuals so far. We intend to pledge £250,000 annually to BARBRI Bridges, and we hope to aid more aspiring solicitors on their journey toward qualification.
- A new challenge for aspiring solicitors with our Future of Law essay competition scholarship. We’re encouraging hopeful candidates to submit a 1,000-word essay that predicts what the future of law will look like. The successful applicant will win an SQE1 Prep course scholarship starting in 2023 ahead of the 2024 SQE1 exam. Good luck to all entrants!
It wouldn’t be a typical month at BARBRI HQ without a few industry events in the calendar. This month, our team has:
- Launched a series of events – SQE Insights – to keep aspiring solicitors up to date with key industry developments and trends to broaden their industry understanding beyond the SQE. With industry experts on board, we’ll be covering topics from LegalTech to the O Shaped Lawyer, and beyond. Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn for the latest event updates.
- Recently joined a networking event with the Law Society for Ukrainian lawyers which worked to provide a range of opportunities for work or training to refugees in the UK. We were proud to provide more information about SQE Prep available through BARBRI and the funding support available to enable these talented professionals to take their next step and practice law in England & Wales. We’ll continue to share more as this progresses and we’d love to showcase some of the refugee candidates taking on the SQE in 2023.
That’s it from us for this month but we’ll be back in December to share the latest news from our team. In the meantime, if you have any questions about any of the news and updates we’ve shared, please get in touch.